So you’ve got the knowledge, but do you have the software to lay it all down with? If you’re looking to switch to a more popular electrical design software or just want to learn one, here is a list with the best applications so far. Let’s review the top 5 best electrical design software out today and help you pick which one is best for you.
- AutoCAD Electrical design software is AutoCAD for electrical controls designers, purpose-built to create and modify electrical control systems. The comprehensive symbols libraries and tools help boost productivity by automating control engineering tasks.
Students and educators are eligible for an individual educational license if they are enrolled or employed at a Qualified Educational Institution which has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students.
Qualified Educational Institutions may access free educational licenses for the purposes of learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by the educational institution.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional combines the electrical schematic design capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematics with the 3D capabilities of SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D in one package.
Solidworks Electrical solutions simplify electrical product design with specific tools for engineers and intuitive interfaces for faster embedded electrical system design.
- EPLAN provides software and service solutions in the fields of electrical, automation and mechatronic engineering. They develop one of the world’s leading design software solutions for machine, plant and panel builders.
“Efficient engineering” is their slogan: EPLAN is the ideal partner to streamline challenging engineering processes. No matter whether small or large enterprises, they strive to enable customers to apply their expertise more eﬃciently.
- ProfiCAD is designed for drawing of electrical and electronic diagrams, schematics, control circuit diagrams and can also be used for pneumatics, hydraulics and other types of technical diagrams.
The easiest CAD for electrical circuits. Maximum care was paid to ergonomics and ease of use. Just place electrical symbols into the drawing and attach the wires.
Ships with more than one thousand symbols. You can easily create your own symbols in the symbols editor or have them drawn for you for a fee.
Supports automatic numbering of symbols, generation of netlists, lists of wires, bills of material, drawing of striped wires and further advanced features.
- Solid Edge helps you overcome electromechanical design challenges with a dedicated solution for electrical design—enabling true co-design collaboration across electrical and mechanical domains. Based on industry-leading technology from Mentor Graphics, a Siemens business, our products are trusted and proven around the world.
Solid Edge offers a suite of applications for the design, simulation and manufacturing of electrical systems and wiring harnesses. Developed specifically for this set of tasks, Solid Edge electrical design automates many of the common manual operations that consume an engineer’s time, and reduces the opportunity for human error.
There are a lot of good applications that are not presented in this top 5 -the best electrical design software. If you like other software don’t hesitate to leave a comment.
If you liked our post, check out our article about Top 10 Epic Electrician Books.